Well, this last week has been really tough. I was listening to Tyler and I's song and couldn't believe how much it seems like this is what Tyler would tell me right now. The song is by Keith Urban and it is entitled "Making Memories of Us". If you don't know the words, there they are: I cry every time I hear them...
"I'm gonna be here for you baby, I'll be a man of my word.
Speak a language of a voice that you have never heard.
I wanna sleep with you forever, and I wanna die in your arms,
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild beasts roam.
(Chorus)
And I'm gonna love you, like no body loves you.
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us.
I wanna honor your mother, and I wanna learn from your pa.
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw.
And I wanna stand out in the crowd for you, a man among men.
I wanna make your world better than its ever been.
Chorus
We'll follow the rainbow, where ever the four winds blow.
And there'll be a new day, coming your way.
I'm gonna be here for you from now on, this you know somehow.
You've been stretched to the limits but its alright now.
And I'm going to make you a promise, if there's life after this,
I'm gonna be there to greet you with a warm, wet kiss.
Chorus x 2"
He really did make sure to leave me with a an abundance of sweet memories. It is truly a blessing to have such an amazing man as my husband and eternal companion.
Thank you to everyone who has shared their pictures of Tyler with me. Below are some of my favorites.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Making Memories of Us
Posted by Cassie Jo at 11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh Cassie I just cried all the way through that song. What a privilege it is to have known such an amazing incredible person. Looking forward to the temple tonight.
Love Mom
Cassie, what a neat song to share together with Ty. I love the pictures. I just goes to show what an fun and awesome guy he was.
Love ya!
Wow, what a beautiful song, it really is the perfect song for the two of you. Thanks for sharing those cute pictures, I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
I love to remember Tyler's cute smile and laugh. Lots of Love!
Dan & Calli
Cassie! We are so grateful to you for being Tyler's wife, and that you will be part of our family forever! I love your post, of course I cried, then I had to call trent and read it to him through tears! We love you!
Cas- Sorry I couldn't go tonight, I had to work... the pictures are awesome. I never saw Tyler with anything but that big grin on his face. love you! amy
Hey Cassie. This is Annie (Sorensen) Crowther. That is such a sweet tribute to your husband, and I am so excited to hear you are going to serve a mission. You are an amazing woman and I hope you have a wonderful time serving. The Lord obviously has his hand in your life. TAKE CARE!
Cassie, I am so proud of you and how strong you are. I love to look at your blog and see what you are up to. You have such a gigantic spirit that I know the people in Nashville will be blessed just by seeing your sweet smile. I love all the picture and tribute to Tyler. I also love that Keith Urban song.
Post a Comment