Yay! The pictures worked! Evan is so cute. Yall are blessed with beautiful grandchildren and I am sure a lucky aunt. Thanks for sending those to me. Have you talked to Larry about the car yet? I really think he might be able to sell it for me. I really would like to get rid of that car.
Mission life is good. We are a little sad because we will be loosing Elder Parker next transfer. (the 29th) He is from Logan UT. He said that he was going to come visit yall soon. He is an excellent missionary. I have learned a lot from him. We are all really sad to see him go. :( He made it a goal of his to make me gain 10 lbs. before the end of the transfer. My sweet tooth has been multiplied ten fold since I have been down here in the south: They love sweets too. BAD COMBINATION.
I read an awesome story in 3 Nephi 3 the other day. I think yall should read it during your scripture study sometime. Lachoneus was a really good leader. It was also interesting what he told the people to do first. I also thought it was really interesting to see how Giddanhi tried to butter Lachoneus up before he told him what an idiot he was... That is the pattern of Satan right there. Don't forget that God is always there for you and he will never leave your side.
We went and visited Ginny's sister today. She is in her early 60's and very sick. She is in a rest home. It was a very strange feeling to be going into one of those places again. The smells that are in there remind me of 16 months ago. I did a lot of praying and it got a little easier. I miss grandpa and Tyler. It is crazy to look back on my life and to think about how much I have changed. I am definitely more dependent on the Lord. It is so wonderful to know that the atonement covers all pain, sorrow, and sickness... not just the sin. That is one message that I love to share with other people. This is such a crazy world that we live in. I love going to Christ for solace.
Well, this has been a crazy week. Sorry for all the hubbub. We had a ton of fun in Nashville though. I took some cool pictures and will send them on Monday, when I will hopefully have more time. Pray for LeeAnn and Hunter. We really need to get back into that house. I love yall and pray for you everyday. Look for those missionary moments... they are all around you.
Love,
Sister Thacker
PS. I love you Mom and Dad
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Midweek Letter!
Posted by Cassie Jo at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment