Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Transfer and a Perm




Well, they are "kickin'" me out. (Does that usage count Bro. Turner?)

We got the call Saturday night. I am headed to Clarksville, Tennessee in the morning. We didn't get any new Sister Missionaries this transfer so they just decided to shuffle us around. I have heard a lot of good things about Clarksville. It is a military town with a lot of women in it. Woo-Hoo!

Sister Smith will be staying in Mt. Juliet. Sister Neilson (one of my MTC companions) is coming to take my place. I am going to Clarksville with two sisters, Sister Williams (who has been out 7.5 months) and Sister Cordon (who has been out 1.5) months. I feel bad for Sister Williams: she gets to greenie-bust two sisters, not just one! It will be a really good thing for everyone. Heavenly Father is SOO Good!

I have been doing a little extra praying that Heavenly Father will let me come back to Mt. Juliet before I leave the mission field. I would like to die here (I mean in the mission sense, no worries Mom, Joni, and Grandmothers).

We had a good week. Miracles never cease. We had the opportunity to talk to a lot of people. I think yall would die if you knew some of the places I have been. I was in a certain atmosphere the other night and had to laugh when I realized my surroundings. I would never have been caught dead in such a setting prior to my mission, but as we know, Christ dwelt with the poor and down trodden, not the opposite.

Funny experience the other night: I taught a man a first lesson by myself while Sister Smith taught his friend over the phone. We ended up getting 2 additional referrals to teach from those two gentlemen! It was sweet!

We haven't had much contact with Lee Ann. She never answered the phone when we called, but she is still talking to her friends that she made at church. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of member fellowshipping when it comes to missionary work. We still have a fat foot in the door! I have told Sister Smith to baptize Lee Ann this transfer and send be pictures. I don't have any of her. : (

I got a perm today. Goodness, my hair stinks! But apparently perms are coming back in style. It will have to be my Christmas present because when all is said and done, I walked out of the salon having spent $150. Ouch! Mom, you may need to transfer more mula to my checking account. But hey it turned out really cute. (See pictures)

Well, I hope this letter has found yall alive and well. Tennessee is the best state ever! I am loving the work and being a missionary. Thanks again for all the support and prayers, it makes such a difference! There are a couple of you I haven't heard from yet... (Ryan, Juan... cough, cough...) Everyone will need to send the snail mail to the following address for a while; I don't know my new one:

Sister Thacker
Tennessee Nashville Mission
105 Westpark Dr. Ste 190
Brentwood, TN 37027


I love yall so much!

-Sister Thacker

0 comments: