Family and Friends-Confession: I have been a little home-sick this Christmas. Our Father in Heaven is so mindful of all of His children: even a little missionary like me. At church on Sunday we had a Christmas program. Sister Day and I sang "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". Prior to our musical number, one of the Sisters in the ward gave a talk on her Christmas experience in the mission field in Venezuela. She was talking about how lonely she was and how upset she was to be spending Christmas Day with no where to go and without her family. Her and her companion were walking down the road Christmas Day, feeling sorry for themselves when they saw a man walking towards them. They began to teach him. They sat down and taught him the first discussion by the beach. She said that as he walked away from them with a Book of Mormon in his hand, she realized that this was the sweetest thing that she would ever experience on a Christmas Day. Through that book, that man was going to learn more about Christ and His true nature. Through that book, he would come to understand his Heavenly Father's love for him and the great sacrifice that was made to show that love. I was a little emotional after that talk. But, we got up and sang. It felt like the angels of heaven were around us as we sang the words to that beautiful hymn: "Oh come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord". Multiple women came up to me afterward and said that they wished they could have recorded it and sent it to my parents so they could see that I was doing ok and I was taken care of.As I was sitting here, wondering what to write to yall. I opened my scriptures randomly to see what the Lord would have me know at this time. I started crying when the scriptures fell open to Jacob 5:75 that reads, "...And blessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the natural fruit... behold ye shall have joy..."I hope yall have a Christmas full of Joy. May yall think about the amazing blessings we have because of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know He lives! I know He loves us all. I know that because of His sacrifice, I can be with my family and my God again someday!Merry Christmas!Love,Sister Thacker
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment