Monday, January 26, 2009

The Temple: A House of God

Family and Friends-Can I just say... I LOVE Mt. Juliet! The other night, we were at a family in the ward's home. Sister Williams and I were going to sing them a song. We were on the topic of hymns and sing them. The father of the home said, "Well, I just download 'em already sung." We are still laughing about that. There are so many people here that I love. This last week, I had another confirmation as to why I was sent to this mission. I had heard that the Temple President's wife was a young widdow. I was in an interview with President Hutchings and felt prompted to ask him if it would be ok to meet with her to ask her a few questions. It just so happens that we will be going to the temple on Wednesday of this week. President Hutchings pulled out his phone, right there in the middle of the interview and said he would ask the Temple President if his wife would reserve some time to meet with me prior to the session we will be attending. The President's Wife was more than willing. She was widdowed at 18. I guess because of the small numbers in the church when it happened back then, she was asked to meet with a general authority of the church. He gave her some advise that she said she would like to pass on to me. I am so excited to meet with her! I know with out a doubt that the Lord had many reasons to send me to Nashville Tennessee. I know that there are people that I need to meet and that need to meet me. I know that God loves all of his children and that this is a pure manifiestation of His tender mercies towards me. Oh how great is our God!I love yall so much! Keep writing. I need your words. I know that God will bless you if you follow the inspiritation that is given to you by the Spirit. And to paraphrase President Monson, "...we can experience nothing more sweet in this life..."Love, Sister Cassie Jo Thacker

0 comments: