Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday!

Mom and Dad-
Thanks for the update on Grandpa Shuppy. He has actually been on my mind for the last week or so. It is funny how you can sense when things are not completely right. I love the Spirit!

My birthday was great! Thank you so much for the package. My skirt is so cute! I feel like a stylish missionary in it. And the other night when I wore it, I was really Bold-Sauce with our investigators. Also thank you for the pictures. It is nice to have them.

My birthday cake was great! Sister Gieseke did well. I received a total of 3 birthday cakes for my birthday! Thanks to Sister G, Brandi and Bear, and Sister Turner! I love them all! It was insane. I also got a lot of candy from members too.

With my birthday money from the Thackers, I bought my hair cut and a Vanderbilt sweater that I really wanted. That is the best University here. People come from all over to go to Med and Law school there.

That is good news about Evan. I am glad you have one of your grandbabies nearby. It is good that Patrice has you too.

I had a good talk with Sister Seager, the Temple President's wife, on my birthday. I wrote all the details in my journal. She gave me some advise that will be good. But the Spirit taught me a lot. The entire experience helped me realize something: I don't need to go to a general authority to figure out my future. I can skip the middle man and just go right to the source. My Heavenly Father has taught me more through the Holy Ghost than any other person. Personal Revelation trumps all.

I didn't have much time this week. Thanks! Welp, I love yall! Keep praying for me, I can feel the strength when you do.

Love,Sister Thacker

0 comments: