Dear Mom and Dad and family and friends,
This week has been great. Thanks for the pictures. When I opened the one of my sisters and of the family I started to cry. I've been extra emotional lately. Genes...
We really made a comeback last week. We found 8 new investigators and it is all thanks to the Spirit. It is so cool how our companionship works. Sister Williams has a great ability to teach and testify with clarity. I am the finder or the locator. For example, on Saturday night, we were looking through our area book and I saw a potential investigator that just jumped out at me on the page. They lived on Willis Pass. I felt like we really needed to go see this woman, even though I knew nothing about her. On Sunday, we went there and no one answered the door. We were going to head back to the car when the Spirit told me that we were sent to that area for a reason. We started walking in the opposite direction of the car down Willis Pass. We were coming up to a T in the road when I noticed off in the trees a red house. I looked at Sister Williams and said, "Hey, there's a house back there." She looked at me a little confused and said, "Yeah...?" I felt like we needed to talk to the people in that house.
It turns out the woman was very open. She has been raised Presbyterian but a couple of years ago, her son was working on some merit badge for scouts and had to visit different churches to learn about different religions. She had been to a Mormon Church! In missionary work that is huge, that is almost as good as knowing a good member. We taught the entire first lesson and got a return appointment. She loves to read and was excited to open the Book of Mormon! It was a miracle. We saw a ton of those this last week, and I know it is due to being diligent and listening to the Spirit. I have decided that there is no greater experience in life than to know that you followed a prompting from the Holy Ghost. What a rush! We have guidance from a divine member of the God Head! Often times we forget.
I think that is the great secret of life. I remember Tyler talking about the 'Incomprehensible Joy' that was mentioned in the scriptures in his 'Homecoming Talks' when we were first dating. I am just now beginning to truly understand what he was talking about!
Well my dear blog-stalkers I love you. Keep building the Kingdom of God where you are, in whatever way you can.
BTW: Yall need to watch that mini clip from President Uchdorf's talk in the General Relief Society Meeting last conference. It is powerful. Here is a link:
<www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,4644-1,00.html>
Love,Your Favorite Sister Missionary-Sister Thacker
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Incomprehensible Joy
Posted by Cassie Jo at 5:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment