What a great week it has been! General Conference was so amazing! I loved all the talks. Do you remember that 84 year old man that proposed to me the first time I was in Mt. Juliet? Well, he came to a session of conference. I had to smile.
The most exciting thing however was that Casey was baptized! It was so great! The Spirit was so strong. Her grandmother came. She hasn't been inside a Mormon church since she was very young. She was a little apprehensive at first but as she talked with Sister Williams and I she became more comfortable. She told us afterward that she had seen us and talked with us that it made her want to come back! It was so amazing! Casey looked so pretty. The young women sang a hymn. It was one of the most Spiritual experiences I have had on my mission.
I am being transferred. By the way: Mt. Juliet has to close because there are not as many sisters coming out as there are leaving. I am going to McMinnville Tennessee. It is in the boonies. I have been told that in McMinnville there are more cows than people, and more people than teeth. I will let you know if that is true. : ) Sister Williams is going to Franklin. I am so sad to be leaving Mt. Juliet. It really does feel like home. I have spent a total of 5.5 months in this area. The ward is so awesome. The members are so faithful.
My new companion's name is Sister Dickson. She came out a transfer after me. She is from Alaska. She was my comp for about a week while Sister Lutz (her companion) was sick and in the mission home. It will be interesting serving with her, we have both changed dramatically. All prayers are certainly appreciated. : )
For a service project in Mt Juliet for the past couple of weeks we have been helping a rest-home choir with piano accompaniment and singing. It has been a great missionary opportunity because we sang some songs from our Hymn book in their Easter Program and many of the workers asked us what church we were from. I LOVE old people. I have forgotten just how much I love them since I lived with Grandpa and had my other grandparents with me. I became especially fond of a little woman name Lorainne. I will send some pictures of her. She is the one with the walker in front of her. (P.S. I know I am wearing robes with crosses on them. I figured it would be ok for 30 minutes with the compared amount of opportunities to share the restored gospel afterwards.)
Well, that is all for now. I love yall so much.
Love,
Sister Thacker




2 comments:
I wonder if Elder Anderson will be her DL? Both towns look to be "out there". Elder A is going to Cookeville, TN tomorrow. All I can say is, "Yea for transfers!!!" :)
We're going to miss Sister Thacker! We'll always claim her in Mt. Juliet even though we're reluctantly letting her go. We'll always think of this as her home ward in the mission field. Thanks for sharing her with us.
Post a Comment