Dear family-
What a week this has been! It has been so great seeing the hand of the Lord in the work and I know that He has blessed us abundantly in answering my prayers and bestowing His tender mercies upon us.
We witnessed a miracle this last week. The power of the priesthood is real. The girls are still getting baptized on Thursday. Any prayer that yall could offer in their behalf would be very appreciated. I have grown to love this sweet little family. It is a single mother with two girls. One is 13 and the other is 9. The 9-year-old fractured her ankle last week and will be seeing a specialist today. The mother quit smoking last week and has been going strong for a few days now. Pray for them.
We did a day of service in the community on saturday. A couple of our missionaries even got in the news paper. I am going to try to pick up a copy of it so we can save it for the scrapbook. Any good publicity for the church is greatly appreciated in the south for members. It is crazy what people hear about us. We cleaned up a historical landmark for the community called Egypt Alley. It became a dumping grounds and let me tell you it was just that. There was one area that I worked on for probably an hour that was 5-6 levels deep of beer bottles. They were all from the 50's. We did a lot of damage and it was really fun getting out and working in the sun.
Speaking of sun, it is so hot here already, just this morning as we were driving to the library, our thermometer said it was 80 degrees already. Summer seems to already be upon us here in Tennessee.
Can I just say it again!?! I LOVE being a missionary. I was thinking about how much time has flown by and it makes me a little sick. I don't want it to end. Sister Dickson and I are getting along just swimmingly. We have been working and growning together.
I love McMinnville (or as locals say 'MacMinnvll'.) Oh, and BTW: I have offically milked my first cow!
I love yall so much! Keep praying for me. God hears your prayers.
Love,
Sister Thacker




0 comments:
Post a Comment