My Dearest family-
Things are going so well here. I always love to hear the updates from everyone. I am most definately going to be stunned when I see little brother. Tell him to practice up on taking Dad down, I'm pretty sure I will be able to take him on when I get home. I am getting some muscle from all the army crawling thru caves that I have been doing. (Thackers are probably laughing). It is crazy how much everyone is growing up. Tell Holly not to get too serious... she is going on a mission right? I guess I have no room to talk, I got as serious as you can get in a relationship prior to coming on a mission. : )
This week has been a crazy roller coaster ride. Up and down... Up and down. Many good things came from this week. I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us for our hard work. I also know that it is important that I don't go down with the roller coaster... It kills me. Discouragement and Disappointment are two very different things. I have been trying to focus on only feeling the Latter.
We are working with a very promising investigator named Elissa. Pray for her. She is learning quickly and is understanding what is offered by our message. Oh, I hope she pulls through.
There is a new sister here from the Nauvoo Mission. She is actually cousins with Lindsey Chamberlain (Campbell). We went caving this morning and I was talking to her. Her name is Sister Patterson and she grew up in Park City. Small world eh? She seems pretty cool.
So, little miracle last week. We had a goal as a district to find 15 new investigators for each companionship last week. By Thursday night we had six and were feeling a little discouraged. We prayed really hard the next morning that the Lord would put people in our path (Since we cannot tract). Our day was cut short Friday because we had weekly planning so we had less time to work. We got out at about 2:00 and guess what happened... it started raining. And not just sprinkling, down pour (Tennessee Style). We said another prayer than pulled out our umbrellas and got to work. That evening, we had found 7 new investigators for the day, making a total of 13 for the week! Heavenly Father blessed us so much, my feet turned black again, but hey, sacrifice brings blessings. We had 15 new investigators on Sunday night!
I got to hear from not one, but TWO of my old missionary sisters from T-Nash this week! Emerald and Melissa I love you!
Mom and Dad, can I stay another couple of transfers? Ok, ok...Just Kidding. Wishful thinking. You can tell Bishop to go ahead and have the Christmas program on the 20th. It will give me a little time to prepare amidst the chaos of the holidays. Good luck momma with the Christmas program. You will be sensational! I am so excited for your new calling!
One scripture that really stuck out to me this week is Helaman 5:10. It talks about how Christ didn't come to earth to save us in our sins, but from them. I have been reminded by the subtle promptings of the Holy Ghost that repentance takes total action on my part. We are sure a lazy people. At least I am. I am so glad the Holy Ghost is such a Rock Star at teaching me at my level.
Well, until next time. I love yall. Keep writing!
Love,
Sister Thacker
Monday, October 12, 2009
Set your face to Stunned! (love it)
Posted by Cassie Jo at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment