Here are the pics I have gotten of Tennessee so far. 1: Me and Sister Smith my trainer.
2: My leg that was eaten alive by mequitos and other crazy bugs. also of note, my disgusting heal. got to love breaking in the shoes
3: Ginny's house, where we live. Paradise. (yes we are spoiled).
4. Someone's actual mailbox... I couldn't resist taking the picture. :)
Some Crazy Residence (MTC Dorm) Pics. The sisters can have fun too. The group pic is all the girls in our room. Sister Neilson, Sister Buhler, Sister Hinton (going to Oregon) and Sister Sonntag (Oregon). The other pic is of me sewing on buttons and eating the swedish fish I had strategically placed on my leg... everything is entertaining in the MTC.



Cassie with companions Sister Buhler and Sister Nielson
Tennessee Missionaries:
Hey Everyone!
I am e-mailing from a public library. This week's Preparation Day is a little wacky. We are taking it on Friday for the 4th of July... But we have to do all of our shopping and e-mail today while the stores and public facilities are still open.
Tennessee is so AWESOME!!! We got our new President in this last week. We are having a Zone Conference with him tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how he will change things... lucky for me I am still learning so I haven't gained any habits in mission life just yet.
I will be sending a few pictures so you wont have to rely on Sister Turner alone for visuals. She is so great! (These are MTC Pictures. Me and my companions sister Buhler and sister Nielson)This ward is absolutely amazing! They are so supportive and willing to do missionary work. I wish every ward could see them and emulate their characteristics. We would be so much more successful. We get fed every single night by families. I think I may be gaining weight although I have been watching it really closely... but their food is SOOO good. I haven't really had any Southern Cooking just yet. This area is made up mostly of transplants. No one is originally from Tenn. But they are all great!
Miracle of the week... on our second or third day, we were going to meet a family in the ward. Since we are new we want to gain the trust of the members so they will feel comfortable giving us referrals. We have a GPS (We would be somewhere in Canada by now if we didn't have that thing). This certain family's address was already programmed in the GPS navigator. When we reached the destination we realized that we had gone to another member's house that happened to have the same name... not the family originally intended. We prayed and decided to stay in the area because it had taken so many of our miles to get there. We got out of the car and after a minute or so a little ten-year-old boy came up to us and asked us if he could mow our lawn. He was the nicest little guy... calling us ma'am and everything. We explained that we were missionaries. We asked him if there was anyone that he knew of in the area that could use a message about Christ.
That sweet little boy began naming off everyone on that street. There was a list of like 10 or so names. We asked him if he really thought all of them would like to hear about the church. He said, "Sure, and you can go teach my mom if you want." We looked at each other and said... "Ok."
We went to couple of the people he had referred us to. Then went to see his mother. She let us into her home and gave us some water. She is an amazing woman. She is battling MS now. She has had to put up with it for 10 years. We gave her a book of Mormon and she said we could come back if we wanted. We taught her the first lesson on Tuesday. She could definitely feel the spirit: She said so. We felt prompted to give her a soft committal to being baptized. She said she hadn't ever been baptized and said she would when she knew for herself that it was true! It is truly a miracle.
We were definitely led there by the Holy Ghost. Things happen everyday that we cannot explain. I love this work. I am so lucky to be a part of it! I hope yall are talking with your neighbors about the gospel. And sharing your testimonies with them. You could invite them to dinner one night or to FHE. We are so lucky and blessed to have the gospel and are also obligated to share it.
I would love to hear from yall. It has been said that a missionaries happiness is dependant upon the number of letters they receive... (cough, cough)
I love yall!
Sister Thacker
Monday, June 30, 2008
Today's letter and PIC'S!
Posted by Cassie Jo at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment