Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 4 in the field

Sister Thacker and Sister Smith at the Gregory's
Ginny and Gordon Gregory who are gracious enough to accomodate the missionaries, Thank you!
Hey there Family and Friends!

Life out here in Tennessee is great! I think I told you about the woman and her son that we found the first week that we were here. They came to church yesterday! They both loved it and they have commited to being baptised by the end of the month. It is so fantastic. They are completely golden. I keep wondering what obstacle we will face with them, things are going freakishly smooth. I will continue praying for them and hopefully we will be able to dunk them by the end of the month! Horray!!!

We met our new Mission President at Zone Conference last week. He is an awesome man. He is different from President Lords of course, but all of us had a personal witness that the mantle of the Tennessee Nashville Mission has been placed on him. He will be a phenomonal leader. He is really emphasizing the importance of safety. We now have to call our District Leaders everytime we come in at night. I know other missions do that. He is also really strict with car rules. (Somewhat a good thing... Sister Smith is a little crazy behind the wheel and I am not allowed to drive yet). : )

Poor Elders. We really do feel bad for them. Earlier last week one of their bikes busted. They have been walking everywhere. We offer them rides all the time. I think Elder Parker refuses them so Elder Anderson will fully appriciate the luxuries later on. They are definately hard workers and I have learned a lot from them. Elder Parker will be leaving at the end of the transfer to go home to Logan, Utah. He is a really great missionary and I know Elder Anderson is learning a ton from him.

We are also relatively close to our Zone Leaders. Elder Tupou (Two-poe) and Elder Pearson. They are a hoot. A couple of Prep-Days ago, we were eating lunch with them. Elder Parker refused some food from one of the Elders because he didn't want to gain more weight. Elder Tupou said, "Come on Elder, I know Primary Children that weigh more than you." We all broke into hysteria. Elder Tupou is from Sacramento just like Sister Smith. Our Elders are good to us. We are definitely spoiled out here in Mt. Juliet.

FYI: Missionaries HATE holidays. They throw everything off. It was so hard to do missionary work. I felt so lazy. Hopefully, the rest of the holidays will be better... cross your fingers.

Thanks for the pictures. Of the two I could open, everyone looks healthy and happy. Congrats on the Baby blessing Allen and Patrice! He is a cutie. I couldn't open all of them: Try sending them in separate e-mails or something. They couldn't handle it. Also, thanks for sending me the comments on from the blog. I finally have the chance to write everyone back today. I have been so busy, there is no time to do anything. I promise I am not slacking. I love you Thacker's, and Grandparents: I will write you today.

I must say that story about mom and the rocking chair is the funniest I have heard in a long time. I will be laughing about that one for at least a week. : )

Thanks for all the prayers, they are helping so much. I have been learning and growing everyday. It is so much easier to be exactly obedient when my companion has the same goal. It is a lot easier for the Lord to bless us when we are following the rules to the T... I LOVE Sister Smith. I still have so much to learn, but I have faith that it will come.

If anyone would like some good reading, Helaman 5 is great. It is funny how many times the Lord tells the people what to do and they still how no idea how to release themselves from the darkness. We are silly sometimes when it comes to listening to the still small voice. (Myself included).

The pictures I attached are of Sister Smith and I this morning. This picture looks a lot better than previous ones: We tried to look cute. the other is of Ginny and Gordon Gregory (the recent converts that were gracious enough to let us live in their beautiful home). They are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Love,
Sister Thacker

0 comments: