Dearest Familia-
We had our Prep-Day today instead of yesterday because we had Zone Conference. Sorry if you were sitting at the computer waiting for this e-mail.
Well, this last week was a little rough. Sister Smith was sick and we decided it was better to stay inside than to go out and work and aggravate the illness. The bad thing was it didn't show any improvement after the first day. It is funny how the Lord works. He really does know us. We decided to go out and work the evening of the second day. I must admit, I had some Cabin Fever... even though I did finally get caught up in replying to my mountain of letters. Sister Smith still wasn't doing well on the third day. We called Sister Hutchings (the Mission President's wife) and she demanded that we stay in and not work all day Saturday. That was tough for me yall... but we did it. I could feel the same sickness coming on for me and so I decided to follow my mother's council and I went to the store and bought ZINC! Mom, I am sure you are so proud!
I have been a little under the weather. But it was nothing in comparison to the bug that Sister Smith had. Thanks Mom... you were right.
The work is progressing, even though we have been a couple of lame missionaries for the past 3 days. We taught a wonderful woman named Cyndi. She is a single mom with four children. She is so nice and really wants to change her life. We taught LeeAnn the third lesson on Friday. She was more attentive and more able to retain the things we had taught her than in the past. It was awesome!
We all went bowling today as a District for Prep-Day. The pictures attached are some of the shots we got with our new District. These Elders are awesome and I know we will do well!
A couple of nights ago I was praying about what I could share with yall in this e-mail. As I was praying, the Holy Ghost told me that I should emphasize the importance of sharing/participating in church meetings. When I was growing up, I never really shared anything that came to mind during sunday school or relief society/ young womens. I have since realized, especially since I have been on this mission, that the Holy Ghost reminds us of experiences and thoughts that can benefit everyone around us.
I love you all and I am so happy to be serving the Lord. I hope that this e-mail finds yall well. Thanks for all the letters, they really help me get through the tough times. We are still witnessing miracles. I feel so humbled to be able to serve in this capacity.
With much love,
Sister Thacker
P.S. Tell Holly that those pearly whites are awesome! I must say I had to chuckle about the bedroom pose though.
P.P.S. Tell Jane that I saw Elder Christiansen and he REALLY needs a letter. I feel bad for the poor guy, no one has written him for the last 2 months or so.
P.P.P.S. Tell Patrice that her baby is cute and she looks like she is having fun!
P.P.P.P.S Tell Amy that I cant wait to see the pictures of her new place, that is SO exciting! I hope she will take some before and after shots. Tell her I love her.
P.P.P.P.P.S Tell Addiso that I have been thinking about him a lot and I am sending him a letter next week.
P.P.P.P.P.P.S Tell Daddo that it is ok that he is old. : ) Also, I want dads testimony too.
Mom, that is so cool about the patio, I am glad it is coming along: Send me pics when you can. Thanks for your weekly reports and for your testimony of Jesus Christ. Those are powerful things to have and I really appreciate you sharing that with me! Thx also for the addresses for Elder Gerlach and Elder Prescott.
Tell the fam that I love them.
Love,
your daughter,
Sister Thacker
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Posted by Cassie Jo at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment