Ok. The title of this e-mail is EXACTLY what I have been experiencing out here the last few days.
I was warned before I came out on a mission that the missionaries are the first people the bishopric will turn to when there are miscommunication as far as speakers go in sacrament meeting. I thought I was safe in Mt. Juliet.... needless to say... You are never safe as a missionary.
Yesterday, exactly 3 minutes before church started, the 2nd counselor came up to us and asked us to speak. I about died. It made me realize a number of things...
1. ALWAYS be prepared
2. Relying on the spirit always works
3. Our Heavenly Father knows what needs to be done to make you stretch and grow.
In explanation to the title of this e-mail, it would be important to note (and my realization of this fact didn't come until I was sitting in Sunday School, after I had already spoken) that in my personal prayers the evening before I asked to "be able to share things that I have learned in church the next day".... YOU GET WHAT YOU PRAY FOR!
The experience went quite well. I was able to speak for a few minutes on the miracles that we can witness everyday when we are engaged in our Father's work. I compared that to the story of Peter and John when they healed the lame man in front of the temple. (Acts 3) Luckily for me, there are 4 missionaries in Mt. Juliet and my companion, Sister Smith, bless her heart, is a very adept and long winded speaker... (and I went first). : )
The ultimate thing that matters, is that the spirit was there. People learned through the power of the Holy Ghost, so my lack in knowledge and ability was overlooked... phewww!
Remember, Heavenly Father listens to everyone's prayers. He loves us all very much and wants to help us grow and progress. If you ask for something that is in line with His plan for you, you will get it. Keep the faith, He will answer your prayers. (Be careful).
Love,
Sister Thacker
Monday, August 18, 2008
You get what you Pray for!
Posted by Cassie Jo at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment