Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Biking, Preaching, and Conference!

General Conference was absolutely amazing!

I loved all the talks so much. They helped me understand what I need to change right now. Modern-Day Prophets are such a blessing! I hope that yall enjoyed conference as much as I did.

We have been raising the bar for missionary work in this last week. President Monson told our Area Seventy that we could double our baptisms and President Hutchings is taking that prophesy quite literally. He broke it down into what we need to do every day to ensure that we are finding those people who the Lord has prepared. It is working. As a companionship we have rededicated ourselves to the work and I have seen some differences in the way I am going about it.

The Gospel is so exciting! Just when I was starting to get comfortable, something new came to make me better. We had a lesson with one of our progressing investigator families. They are a sweet couple with two boys. Their names are Thomas and Jesse. They are Pentecostal. Thomas knows the Bible VERY well. We asked President and Sister Hutchings to come along with us last Friday night. Thomas and Jesse brought their Preacher. I have never experienced anything like it. The spirit was SO strong as I watched President Hutchings testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. The beautiful simplicity of the gospel echoed within the walls of the room in which the adversary was so persistently trying to conquer.

After going over the lesson, President thinks it would be best to ‘break up’ with them. They are honestly seeking for truth, but deep down we know they are not willing to act upon the answer the Spirit will give them just yet. We have been doing a lot of praying for them… We will continue to do so.

Clarksville is hopping! There are a lot of people hear itching for the Gospel. I have never seen a teaching pool so large. Clarksville brings people from everywhere because of the Military Base: Fort Campbell. There are a lot of good people here who have been softened because of their circumstances. I am really starting to love this area.

Yes, I am still in the trio. I really like it. I have to watch myself more however: to make sure that I am in no way becoming lackadaisical because of there are three of us. Sister Williams and I have the same sense of humor. Jane and Holly would love Sister Williams. We quote Disney Movies on Preparation Day so we don’t distract the Spirit. It is awesome. Sister Cordon is also awesome! She is growing so much.

We have been riding bikes! I know you probably didn’t expect that a Sister, such as myself could ride a bike in a skirt. I am here to testify that it can be done. I will admit, the first attempt didn’t run so smoothly. I quickly realized that leggings are required so virtue is maintained. It is definitely getting me into shape…

Confession- Sister Thacker didn’t really understand the point of the gear. Needless to say 1 hour, 15 miles, lots of Tennessee hills, 2 sore legs, and 1 behind later: Sister Thacker realized that the 6th gear was not the easiest. I can however, say this: I got the best work out. : ) Everyone in my district still gives me a hard time about that.

Well, I’m still trucking along. Things are going great… Better than ever.

Sister Turner: I love you! Tell the fam and Sister Smith, Sister Neilson, and Ginny hey!

I love and miss yall! Keep praying and doing all those wonderful things, I have definitely felt their power.

Love,
Sister Thacker
(AKA by other missionaries: 'Thack-Attack')

0 comments: