Whoa! So much is happening!I am being transfered! President asked Sister Day and I to open an area called Bellview. It is just north of Franklin where I was for 8 days last transfer. It is a really rich area. I am a little nervous so if yall want to do a little more praying for me that would be fabulous. For those who get sick easily, I do NOT reccommend you read the following story:I had one of the most embarrassing experiences last monday night. I really wasn't feeling too good all morning. I slept for two hours because my stomach was really queezy. That evening, after Preparation Day was over, we had a lesson with Gina, one of the women who is getting baptized. Her house smells quite heavily of smoke. I have gotten to the point where the smell doesn't bother me so much... but with the combination of the queezy stomach I was done for. Five minutes into the lesson, I asked if I could use her bathroom. Much to my dismay, when I went into her bathroom, I found the toilet clogged. I sat there for a minute and decided that I didn't really need to throw up... it was all in my head.I went back into the room and sat down. Seconds later I was bolting down the hall towards the bathroom again. I reached the threshhold of the bathroom and felt if coming. I almost made it...I quickly closed the bathroom door and threw up more in the sink. I found out later that Sister Williams had followed me and heard everything... gross!So... to make things worse... I turned the faucet nob to start cleaning up and realized that Gina's water must have been turned off. A small trickle of water came out... To make things even worse, there was no toilet paper or soap in the bathroom! I stood there thinking, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!" I said a quick prayer, I am sure Heavenly Father must have chuckled a little bit. I opened a cuboard and found some toilet paper in the very back. It took forever to clean up. My companions came to the door and asked if everything was alright. They wanted to help but I refused. I used my tag to cover up the spot that got on me and left that house as soon as I could!Needless to say... we went home for the evening. I felt much better the next morning. You will be happy to know that Gina is still getting baptized. I have a strange feeling that this story will be one that I tell to my children and grandchildren. What memories. : )Anyway, the work is going well! We have found some really awesome new investigators. Rob and Beverly are getting baptized on the 8th and Antonio and Gina on the 2nd. Hooray! I am really sad to be leaving Clarksville. Sister Williams and I have really become good friends. I hope we will get to serve together again. Sister Cordon is also awesome! Rough. Here are some pictures of a Blackhawk and a Shnook. We went on 'Post' (word for Military Base) today. Zach, it was pretty cool! There are a lot of dedicated people out here. I have gained so much respect people in the Armed Forces.Love, Sister Thacker
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment