Hey there!This week has been really crazy! Opening is a really hard thing. This area was opened to Sisters a year ago and they closed it at the end of their transfer because they couldn't find too much. The ward just split so we are now the Bellevue Ward! Hooray!We went to the temple today. It was the first time since I have been out in the field. I didn't realize just how much I missed the place until I got there. I love the temple. The Nashville Temple is tiny. There is only one Endowment room in it. I love the peace that comes from the temple. Yall better be going for me! I dont get to go so you should go extra to make up for it. The other night, we were trying to find the house of a Recent Convert and at the moment were unsuccessful. It was dark and we were walking down the road when a woman came out of her house. It seemed like she was looking for something. We asked her for directions and told her who we were. We began talking with her and came to find out her dad was a missionary for the Catholic Church down in Brazil for many years. She invited us in to talk with her dad. He is very old. Late 80s and very sweet. We talked for quite some time about Christ and the power of the Bible. They were very nice. As we were leaving, she asked us if we would come back and visit her father. He was having a hard time with the spirit world. We knew that this was a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father. It all worked out so perfectly. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He really knows us all very well. My companion is Sister Day. She came out with Sister Smith. She is a convert to the church of 2 years. It is interesting and fun. She is sweet. Well, all the missionaries here dont really write their families for very long. They are all done and breathing down my neck. Keep praying for me. Satan is working really hard, but I will not give up! We are going to find the people in Bellevue that we were sent here for. Keep talking to your friends and neighbors about the gospel. The only way to retain is through the members. We NEED you in order to make missionary work a success. I promise I will write more next week. I love you all and hope to hear from you. Just write to the mission office. That will be the easiest. BTW: Happy Birthday Patrice! Your card is in the mail!Love, Sister Thacker
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Hi Cassie, we are very proud of you and glad that you are enjoying your mission. May God bless you and your companions as you strive to do his work.
Post a Comment