Monday, November 3, 2008

CRAZY Bellevue!

Hi Family!
It looks like yall had a really fun Halloween! Mom, you are awesome. Sister Day thought your hole was totally cool! (BTW: Have you lost weight mom? you are looking awfully thin!)
Bellevue was interesting this week. We are getting to know the members really well. It really is such a small world. I found out this weekend that our Bishop's wife, Sister Haglund served her mission with Grandma and Grandpa Thacker in the Washington D.C. Visitor's Center! Isn't that crazy!?! I thought so. She loves them so much. We talked about what great people they are. Her maiden name is Sister Thomas... I think. Anyway, Joni, ask Grandma and Grandpa if they remember her. I am giving her their address information because she wants to write them.
This ward is awesome! It is like Mt. Juliet all over again. There are some really strong families here and they all do their callings. Imagine that! They are all very young and have two kids each so it is difficult to remember all their names. Working on it. We have been working with the members very heavily this time around. We are following the advice of our wise Mission President. The only problem is we don't see direct results, or changes very quickly. This kind of missionary work takes more time because we play the role of a cheerleader for the members than anything else.
We rode the bus the other day. That was... interesting. We talked to quite a few people. We also stayed in the mission home the night before last. A Spanish speaking sister, Hermana Munoz had her appendix taken out. President and Sister Hutchings had to leave for the night so they asked us to stay there with her. It was really nice to sleep in a good bed; I have kind of forgotten what that feels like. I suppose my grumblings mean nothing to my readers who slept on the floor throughout their missions. : (
Do you remember those members that I really connected with in Franklin when I was there for a week last transfer? Well, they found out that we had moved to Bellevue and that we had nothing. They came to our apartment and gave us SIX BOXES of food and supplies!!! I couldn't believe how kind they were to us. I wanted to cry. I wish I had their address so I could write them a thank you letter. Their generosity is so great. I hope that I will be able to repay them someday.
That is cool that Jared has come home. Tell him he needs to write me. Did he ever get my letter? I want to ask him questions so I can become a better missionary.
I was reading the Book of Mormon the other morning... (imagine that!) and it blew me away. If you want to know what it is like in the south... the kind of people that we deal with daily... read 2 Nephi 25-29. I KNOW that these prophesies come from our day! Sometimes I wonder if they saw me... I have heard these exact responses from people here... it is CRAZY! The South is so different than any other place on earth. If anyone ever wanted to see the major effects of the Apostasy: ie false churches, confusion, distortion of truths, etc. all they need to do is come to Tennessee.
Anyway, I forgot my camera today, sorry there aren't any pictures. I will send some next week. Sister Day is in that group photo I sent a couple weeks ago. She is a brunette, round faced, very cute. : )
I love yall and hope that my e-mail finds you well. Keep praying for me. Pray that we will be led to those that are ready for the gospel. I know they are here somewhere. I will keep looking. Yall just keep praying.
Love, Sister Thacker

0 comments: