
Dear Family and Friends-Well this week was interesting. We keep seeing little miracles everyday. The Lord has required more diligence from us as missionaries than in any other area it seems. I have also begun to understand a value of a companion. Sister Day wasn't doing so well emotionally and spiritually this last week which made it difficult to keep going on my own. I did though... The Lord wanted both her and I to realize that it must be a unified effort. He knows how to teach. : )After hearing the results of this election I must admit I was a little scared as well. Luckily, our government has a ‘checks and balances system’ so the power cannot be completely in one man's hands. I think you are exactly right Mom, ‘If we are prepared, we shall not fear.’ I know that things may get harder, but I also know that what ever comes our way can be handled with the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We have been given power to overcome anything that comes as long as we remain faithful and never deny what we know to be true both in spirit and deed. I keep reflecting on the words from the Prophets at General Conference. I can't wait to read those talks again, we get supplies somewhat slowly. It was interesting how at this last General Conference they didn't mention Food Storage. Personally, I think they have given us enough warning and now it is up to us to heed the council or not... same with Family Home Evening and Temple Attendance. The warnings have been sounded in regard to each topic and we will be held accountable for what we sincerely listened to and acted upon at judgment. I have been reading the Book of Mormon again at a fairly quick pace. I wanted to finish it by the end of the year. It is cool how when I read it quickly, the story line connects a lot more easily. We are so blessed to have such a record! It is sad that so many members of the church take it for granted; everyone should be reading from it daily!It is getting really cold here! It is a different kind of cold. It is much worse than Utah because of the Humidity. Because of this, fashion is somewhat on the back of my mind now... sad to say: I have turned into a Frumpy Sister Missionary!Well, I guess that is all for this week. The Elders are with us again and they are getting impatient. : ) Gotta love the Elders.Love,Sister Thacker





0 comments:
Post a Comment