Ok. For the record... Bellevue is part of Nashville. It is in the southwest corner I believe. It is right outside of downtown Nashville so we have a whole mixture of people. I have never seen so many different denominations in one place: Catholic, Methodist, Jewish, Baptist, Hindu... you name it.We are now part-time car in Bellevue (this is a first for Sisters in the Tennessee Nashville Mission) so we have spent this last week biking and riding the bus. It has been hard, especially in the cold and rainy conditions, but I am thoroughly convinced that the Lord will bless me if I do not complain. : ) I am getting some amazing leg muscles with all the biking though, there are a lot of hills here. That was a really sad story about moms work. : ( Heavenly Father wouldn't have taken that old person home though unless it was time. We actually go to Old Folks Homes quite frequently. We like to visit with them and sing them Hymns and prepare them for the spirit world. I love the South, down here that is a perfectly normal thing to do and they love it. In answer to Momma's question, we do get to listen to music. They are quite liberal on what we can listen to. Personally, I like to stick pretty close to the Hymns however because that is what helps me feel the Spirit most easily. I actually was going to ask for more CDs for Christmas. I have a lot of stuff on my IPOD at home that I would like to have, I think all the CDs are there somewhere too. If you check in my storage unit, the box is labeled 'Media'. Anyway, Mom, I do want to have a copy of that Jenny Oaks Baker CD that I gave you before I left (the violinist). There is also one song that I would really like to have by James O’Neil Miner called "First Dawn" (I think) maybe it is "First Light" it is that pianist that we saw in Nauvoo. That is the only song that I really really enjoy of his. Also, I don't know if you could talk to Joni but there was a Tribute to Joseph Smith that we went and saw last Christmas at Temple Square that was completely composed by a graduate from BYU. This tribute is not to be confused with the "Nashville Tribute to Joseph". It has a song in it called "How Great the Goodness of our God" that I absolutely love! I love the entire CD. They might have it at Deseret Book. We can also listen to talks on CD. I have a lot on my IPOD again. Aunt Julie and Toby actually have all my tracts from my IPOD on an external hard drive so they could burn CDs from those files... that way you wont have to spend any money. Oh, and I get to play the piano at District Meetings... so pretty much once a week.The only other thing I was really going to ask for Christmas was a new Missionary Bag. Sister Day has one that I really like. She got it from Sister Missionary Mall but I think it was a little over-priced there and I don't want you to spend that much on a bag. Maybe you could find on EBay or Amazon. It is basically a bag that has hip straps so all the weight is not on your shoulders. I will attach a picture of it. It is a smaller bag too so I wont be allowed to put so much in it... my back is starting to get a little angry with me from my backpack. Thanks for all the updates on the fam again. It is nice to hear how everyone is. I am praying for you everyday and it sounds like those prayers are being answered. Send me some pictures in the mail for the Holidays. I want some updated family and friend Photos. Keep praying for me. Pray for our mission. Pray that we will be able to bring 70 people to the waters of baptism this month. We met our goal of 50 last month and we are well on our way this month. Pray that the people in Bellevue will be spared from the fiery darts of the adversary and Anti-Mormon Literature, which is our biggest battle. I have to keep reminding myself that we can conquer anything over Satan; we have Jesus Christ on our side. We have the testimonies of the Prophets in the Bible backing us up as well as the Book of Mormon. This is Christ's Church, and it will not fall again before the Second Coming of the Lord. I look forward to that day!Love,Sister Thacker
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
This is Heather from Cassie's old work. Do you know if she has any Paul Cardall cd's? I would love to send her some (he's my brother in law). Just post a comment on my blog craigandheathercardall.blogspot.com to let me know if she has any of his cd's and if so which ones. Thanks!
Post a Comment