Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Time is Here







Dear Family and Friends-
What a week. It has been absolutely crazy with all these goals for the mission. I am getting so wrapped up in missionary work, sometimes I forget my first name. : ) I suppose all missionaries get to that point. It is weird to see it in letters and e-mails. It is kind of nice though too, to remember that I am still a person, not just a missionary. Kind of a weird thing...Things with Sister Day have gotten drastically better. We still don't agree on everything but we are both trying and the Lord is blessing us with understanding for each other. We have seen quite a few miracles in the last little while and I know it is because we are trying to make it work within the companionship. Thanks for the package Momma and Dad the candies were absolutely delicious! Thank you Thackers for the Christmas presents as well. I told my companion about my problem with curiosity and she has agreed to help me: The gifts yall sent are currently at the Elders Apartment... I figured that would be the only way to be good and also "Prove Larry to be right". : ) I know, I know, I am aweful! But it is working.Last week, Sister Day and I went over to one of the members homes and we made Raspberry Thumbprint cookies. They were absolutely delicious. Sister Day loves them so much that she bought all the ingredients and is making them again today. She is funny!We had a wonderful zone conference yesterday and I learned a lot. It was all about the Savior and the true doctrine in why we are sharing the news of the Restoration. It is so amazing how by learning about the Savior and the Atonement specifically that one can feel so different. I walked away wanting to be better. I wanted to share those feelings with others. It helped me to understand just how much the Savior really loves every single one of us. For me at times, love of this magnitude is incomprehendable. The Christmas season truly is such a special time. I hope yall can set apart some personal time to regain your testimony of the Saviors love for you and the importance of trying to change and repent everyday because of it. God just wants us to come home.Well my loves, I suppose that is all for now. Continue praying for me, things are definitly looking up!



I love yall!



Love,Sister Thacker

0 comments: