Dear Family!
Ahhh, the chicken from the Farewell. I was actually thinking about that chicken just this last week. How much more do you have? I still feel bad about that... Addy looks so FUNNY! Who made that beard? I must say it was quite comical.
Well, this last week has been crazy sauce. There are so many things going on. Our ward is absolutely amazing! I love the members here. We set a baptismal date with a man named Robin. I don't know if I told yall about him. He is the nephew of the Russell family. He is almost 50 and VERY spiritual. I feel so blessed to be able to teach him. He wrote Sister Day and I a letter of how much we are loved by the Lord and how much He appreciates our service. I am going to get a copy of it. Yes, it made me cry.
Robin is so fantastic! I have never seen someone ask all the right questions or get all the right answers so quickly. It is like the ideal teaching environment. He reads all the assignments that we leave for him 2 to 3 times. He writes down questions that he has. He already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and we have only taught the first lesson. He is so ready for baptism. If yall could pray for him that would be great. We all need your faith through your prayers.
I had one of those miserable days that everyone talks about in the mission. We didn't have the car this last week and it was FREEZING cold. We were walking all day and I bought a cheep umbrella at the Kroger. (Kind of like a Smith's). It was raining non stop. At first it was a little comical and Sister Day and I were handling the weather with a smile on our faces. But as the day progressed, we became miserable. At the peak of this misery, a car went through an oversized puddle right next to me and wall of water came crashing towards me... needless to say, whatever dry part that was left previous to this happening no longer was held sacred.
I am sure I didn't look to great, I certainly didn't feel it. All of our appointments fell through. There were snow warnings so President asked that all missionaries return home for the evening. They don't get snow out here, not like at home. It just rains a lot.
I know that this was just a test. The next day I found a new investigator in the Walmart who seems like she will be a good one. : ) Hooray!
Sister Albert, our Relief Society President, took us the the Opryland Hotel today for our Preparation Day. It was totally awesome. I will be sending some pictures home of that.
I love yall so much! I hope your Christmas festivities are leading your closer to a stronger testimony of the Savior. He loves us so much and wants us to come unto Him.
Love,
Sister Thacker
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Puddles
Posted by Cassie Jo at 6:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment