Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blessings, Miracles, and Tender Mercies

My Goodness! There is an unusual excitement right now in Missionary work in the Tennessee Nashville mission! I just read my letter from President Hutchings and amazing things are happening left and right. We have broken all time records for lessons taught in a week, new investigators, and baptismal dates set in a week! Blessings are being poured out on us and we are having a hard time having room to receive them.

We are getting hit with the blessing here in McMinnville too. Melissa Kimmons has committed to be baptized at the end of this month. She actually has a very amazing story. She lived out in Cali with her parents. Both of them were members. Her mom died two years ago and she moved out to Tennessee. Her trials continued to multiply, but she was prepared to meet us when she did. She was delivering a pizza to our next door neighbor.

We had a goal as a mission to find three new investigators on Saturday. We had found two of them by dinner time. Our evening was booked with appointments so we were a little concerned that we would be able to find one more person to listen to the lessons. We drove to a less active appointment but they weren't there. On the way there I noticed a little neighborhood that I had never seen before. So, when the appointment fell thru we felt like we could go find in that neighborhood. I drove past two coldasacks (NO, I don't know how to spell it), and went straight for the third. I parked in front of this house and we walked up to it. The woman had moved from Oklahoma one month before and had been meeting with missionaries there! She didn't have a copy of the Book of Mormon. Heavenly Father knows where His Elect are!

Life is great as a missionary. Not going to lie, it is HARD. I have been exposed to Lower lows but I have also had much Higher highs! We get to go to the temple this Wednesday. I am so excited!

Have a blessed week. I love yall. Keep spreading the gospel!

Love,
Sister Thacker

0 comments: