Monday, July 6, 2009

July in McMinnville







First of All... LOVED the pictures! Addison looks like he is getting really tall. How tall is he now? Mom, you looked so cute! I hope that picture is on the blog. Evan is getting big... and Sarah Gerlach is getting married!?! WHAT? You need to tell me these things. Who else is getting married?
This last week has been amazing weather. It was really dry so it wasn't nearly as hot. I didn't sweat nearly as much. : ( Gross!

Anyway, Sister Goff is my companion still. She is great. This is her third transfer and she rocks. We have been having a more difficult time getting people to progress, but I know that it will all change soon. We've got some really great people on the radar right now. We've got Six missionaries in our ward boundaries right now. There are a LOT. We have a Spanish set, the Zone Leaders, and us. A couple of men that the Elders baptized last transfer blessed the sacrament at church yesterday. That was a really neat experience. The Howell's are back on the Radar again too! The girls were in Chattanooga for the last three weeks. Hopefully we will get them back to the point they were at baptism again. Pray for them.

As for the shoes, mom and dad, I promise you, it is cool! I actually broke another shoe while I was walking today, but I found another shoe repair shop that I will be taking them too. This guy was referred to me by a member of the ward... so he has got to be good. You know that your shoes are getting pretty bad when the Elders notice them!

Our 4th of July was a little lame-o. Holidays for missionaries are never really that great. It is just another day to sit and wonder what to do with your time. No Proselyting. No mail coming in or going out. No Fireworks. I was happy when Sunday came around and I could get back to the schedule! I don't know what I will do when I come home... Yall better keep me busy!

It is crazy how much Brian Marsing is tied to me through multiple connections, both sides: Shuppys and Thackers!

Well, I've attached some fun pictures. The 'Dodge' picture is for Toby!

Mom & Dad and Joni & Larry, I will be sending yall some postcards of things here in McMinnville: Keep them so I can put them in my scrapbook. : )

Love yall!
Sister Thacker

0 comments: