Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Shoe, continued...




Ok, so I get to stay in McMinnville!!!! I am so happy. Sister Goff is still my companion. They are loading the Eastern side of our mission with some rockin missionaries. There is a lot of work in McMinnville and Cookeville. We had 11 people at church yesterday between our 3 companionships! It was so amazing. There is a new family that we are working with who was introduced to the church through their next door neighbor who is Less active that we have been working with. She and three of her children came to church yesterday. She had a lot of questions, but she enjoyed herself. She has three boys and a girl. Her boys remind me of Addison, one in particular so it has been really fun teaching them.
I was helping one of our investigators get ready for a yard sale out here the other day and found this shirt. She gave it to me for free and I couldn't pass it up. It is SO SOUTHERN!
Oh, Sis Turner, I found a really good name for your baby, "Daisy Bob!" And Sis Gieseke, Thank you so much! The quilt is amazing. That was so sweet of you to make that for me. I love you! I love all yall in my past areas and miss you. Oh, and Emerald (Sis Smith) aka the world's best trainer, I love you too. Hopefully you took lots of pictures of Kayla's wedding. If not that is cool.
Humm, who else do I know of that is looking at this blog. Well, I know there are a few of you and I love yall! Write me letters if you look at it, I'd love to hear how you are doing.
I took my shoe to have it repaired. The woman told me that it wasn't repairable. I told her that I only needed it to last 6 more months. Then I clarified that really it only needed to last me 3 because I have another pair of shoes. She smiled then told me that it wasn't going to be pretty. AND IT ISN'T! I got it back a week later and it looks absolutely dreadful. They stitched up what they could then it looks like they poured black tar all over the stitching. It is totally tite! Getto! All the Elders think it is cool. All the Sisters think it is gastly... Me? I think it is sweet! I am totally going to wear them into the ground!
Well that is all for now. Talk to you next week.
Love,
Sister Thacker

0 comments: