My goodness, what a whirlwind this week has been. I am pretty sure that at some point in the past I have entitled my e-mail "Opposition in all things", but it is SO TRUE! I will alternate between the pleasant and not-so-pleasant events so you can see what I mean...
I actually have two new companions! Sister Lugo is from Mexico. She is a Temple Square Sister and she is SUPER cute! She has such a likeable personality. She will be heading back to temple square at the beginning of next month. : ( Sister Winder is my new little companion. She is fromBlanding, Utah. She is really awesome. She is going to be a rockin' missionary.
Still no sign of my wallet. I am pretty sure that it is floating around in McMinnville somewhere since the last time I used it was on Monday at the Walmart. It is sad because it had my Driver's license, my debit cards, my temple recommend! Ahh! But I have felt alright about all of it. Lets just hope that I won't have my identity stolen. Sorry for all the hassle mom and dad. I am calling the DMV with permission from President Hutchings today. You will probably be receiving a phone call from Sister Denton if there is anything else that needs to be done from your end. It is probably even more difficult since I don't carry the same last name as yall either. : ( Sorry for all the hassle.
Burgess Falls is a rockin' place. I have had a couple of neat dreams to help me understand the responsibility that has been placed on my shoulders as far as the future of the area, members, and missionaries goes. Pray for me... I need to rip up this place.
So in the midst of switching areas, stressing about training, and baptizing, and loosing important items, and the like... I was diagnosed by a Doctor in the McMinnville ward with Eczema. Yep. My finger-tips are ridiculously tender. I don't know if you remember Mom, but about two years ago my finger-tips started pealing like crazy and no one knew what was wrong with me. Well, it did it again. It is quite a nuisance. I have been praying that my fingers will be healed. They look pretty bad and it is a little embarrassing. I have been putting massive amounts of lotion, Cortisone cream and Neosporin on them. Hopefully it will go away soon. Ahhh!
Oh, best news ever! Melissa Tate and her daughter Allie in McMinnville were baptized yesterday. I have been working with her for all 4 months that I was there. President Hutchings let me go back for the baptism. It was the first one that I cried at. Her journey to water's edge was similar to that of LeeAnn's in Mt. Juliet. I was SO HAPPY to see her finally make that commitment to God. It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life. She knows it is all true. She is going to keep her covenant with Heavenly Father!
I'll send pictures of the baptism, my new companions, and if you are lucky, my deteriorating fingers (Ha!) in next week's e-mail. I left my camera in McMinnville yesterday... Yes, I am loosing my mind. I feel like I am turning into a crazy person. Well, I guess I have always been one, but it is becoming uncontrollable. ; )
I love yall so much. Say a couple prayers for me. My goodness, missionary work is a blast. It is a good thing that I know the things I do about Heavenly Father. All of this stuff is actually quite funny in that light.
Love,
Your crazy Tennessee Sister,
The Thack-Attack
Monday, August 17, 2009
Opposition in ALL things!
Posted by Cassie Jo at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I just had to pop in and tell you that Sister Thacker is still getting prayers in Mt. Juliet. My 8 year old still prays for her every day. Some missionaries leave more of an impression on kids than others, and she really left one on him. He still prays for her and Sister Williams even though she went home last week. Thanks for sharing Sis. Thacker with us!
Post a Comment