Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just When you think you are starting to get it...

What a crazy week! My goodness, I love this work!

Things are good here in Cookeville. We had interviews with President Hutchings this last week. He issued an interesting little idea for our companionship. He wants to try it with our trio before it becomes effective with the rest of the mission. I hope that we will be a good representation of what will really happen when this idea spreads to the masses. : )

NO MORE TRACTING! That is right. For the next two weeks we are not allowed to tract at all. I must admit that the Spirit was preparing me for this one. We usually tract a total of 2 hours a day. It is 15-20 minutes here and there so it really wasn't bothering me. But, when the Prophet tells us that the most effective use of our time in finding people to teach is by working with the members, it got me to thinking. Of course it only works when referrals are given to the missionaries, but they are much more valuable.

So, here is my plug this week... GIVE THE MISSIONARIES REFERRALS! And if you don't have anyone to give them, start expanding your social circles. Get out in the community, share your testimony. Your brothers and sisters NEED this!

Alright I am off my soap-box. But we had a neat experience this last week with a member-referral... well, two actually. One of them was Hispanic so we gave it to the Spanish Elders. They have a return appointment with the referral and her husband tomorrow! We were given another referral and he asked us to give him a copy of the Book of Mormon! Just think, even if these two individuals don't accept the Gospel, they will at least have heard/read the message! They've already seen the fruits of it because these two members are AMAZING examples. I know that member involvement in Missionary work is KEY.

Anyway, I will step down from my soap-box. But pray for us, we need to have just as many new investigators as we have in the past. We are still allowed to street-contact, but no more knocking on doors. And quite frankly, you wont catch me crying... I am so excited! It will be a new adventure.

I want to let Emily Williams, Emerald Smith, Kacey Jo, Brittney, Elizabeth, and anyone else who sent me a letter recently in the mail, that I will be writing you today. I love yall, sorry it is taking so long.

Oh, and I love you Sis. Gieseke, Sis Turner, Sis Lasson (and Parker), Sis Frost, Sis Gregory, Sis Elliot, Sis Hathaway, Sis Mitchell, and anyone else that is looking at my blog from Mt. Juliet!

If you could keep Travis, Herbert, Ashley, Edmond, and Nasser in your prayers that would be great.

Oh, Angel was baptized on Saturday from McMinnville! I worked with her a bit before I left! Her mother will be getting baptized soon too! They are such a great family!

Love you!

Sister Thacker

0 comments: