Thursday, February 14, 2008

One Year Older.... And Wiser Too.

I had a very wonderful birthday this year. Larry, Joni, Trent, and Casandra gave me the much-needed luggage! I love the color. I have been told that it probably will get trashed on the mission. I thought it would be good to take a picture of it, so I can remember how beautiful it started out to be. Toby gave me a gift card to Deseret Book. I have already spent it!

My family gave me this picture for my birthday. My mom is so amazing! I had always liked this picture from my wedding video. She reproduced it using chalk/pastels. I find myself just staring at it for long periods of time. I sat infront of it staring into it on Wednesday night. I felt an overwhelming feeling of Tyler and Grandpa's presence at that very moment and found myself in tears.
I know they will be with me on my mission just as they are with me every day. They are watching over us all.


This is a the picture that the brethren of the church get to see when they are deciding where to send me for my mission... Hopefully they will be inspired!


7 comments:

Trent and Cas said...

Wow! That is an amazing picture that your mom did. I LOVE it! I think I would stare at it all the time too! It is awesome. Anyway, I am glad you had a good Birthday!

We are the Dall family said...

What a beautiful picture! Tell your mom she is so talented! I just love it!

Billie Sue said...

My dear Cassie Jo, After going to Allen and Patrice's blog to see if there was an update on my grandbaby, I decided to visit your Mom's blog, which then brought me to yours! I am only reminded of what a special, beautiful, young woman you are. I know you've been hearing me say that for years, but it is as true as it was the first time I said it. You are such a strong person and each trial you've encounteredgehfqh has made you that much stronger. "The world has need of willing men..." and you are definitely a strong, talented individual who is more than willing to "help the good work move along," so "put your shoulder to the wheel!" I love you, little one, and wish you all the luck and love this world has to offer. Much, much love, Billie Sue

Dan & Calli Ellinger said...

What a beautiful picture your mom did, she is very talented! I also like the picture of you, you are very photogenic!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I have never seen that picture that mom did either! Mom always knows what to give. BTW when do you find out where you are going?

Rissa and Jared said...

happy b day Cassie Jo! We're excited to see all you guys here for Kevin's wedding!

The Woolstenhulme Family said...

HI Cassie,
I am not sure if you remember me but I am Myndi Anderson. Kelsi's big sister. I found your blog and love it. I am so glad you are going to be serving a mission. Wow you are such a beautiful young women. I wish the best for you out there. I will keep looking for updates. You will be a excellent missionary.