Thursday, May 1, 2008

What I do inbetween Mission Preparations and Life

Well, I know this is way off subject of the Mission. I appologize to all my loyal veiwers who only want to see the latter. My teacher wanted us to share our progress with our families and friends. This class is based on teaching modeling/rendering/animation in AutoDesk VIZ. Basically it is creating a 3D world. I am in the second semester of the class and really enjoy it.


This was my first semester Final Project. It is actually a project that I am helping with at work. It is being built near Kamas. Just so you have an idea of how much work goes into one of these pictures: I spent over 100 hrs on each one. We create everything you see on the computer. We model everything from scratch. I have to place all of the lights and add materials. The hardest part is making it look real.





This is what I turned in for my Mid-Midterm this semester. It is a dining room... just incase you can't tell. If you look closely you can see my wedding picture and the first Presidency in the background. I think I am improving. Let me know what you think!



And this was my final project for the second semester. It was a lot of fun. I still have a lot of problems with it though.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Hey this is McCall. You're final projects turned out great. I am excited to take Viz in the Fall. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. It's fun to get a look into your life a little. You can check out our blog too. http://juddfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Wow! Those look so real! I see those computer rendered design projects on hgtv all the time and they aren't even close to as good as those.