Thursday, June 5, 2008

Letter from Cassie titled "Week 1"

Hello Everyone!

I am so happy to be at the MTC. In short, I LOVE this place! Don't get me wrong, I miss you all... but I never want to leave. I am learning so much and I still have so much to learn. Dad was right: ever day is like a thousand years. I never realized there were so many hours in the day! Who knew... well at least I didn't.

We taught the First lesson yesterday! We taught it to a lady acting like an investigator. They try to make the atmosphere seem as realistic as possible. We sit in a room dressed up as a family room. There is a camera hidden in a plant so our teachers can watch us and tell us what we need to work on. We gave a powerful lesson. It was just a little short. It was supposed to last 35 minutes... but it only lasted 20. Our teacher thought everything was perfect. He just suggested that we add a little more scriptural backup to lengthen it.

One of my teachers is Brother Lovejoy. He actually served with my friend James in the Sao Paulo North Brazil Mission a couple years ago. I thought that was funny that I would get him as a teacher.

Yesterday we went to the Referal Center. Anytime people see the comercials from our Church on TV they call in and ask for the free DVDs and Books of Mormon that we offer. The missionaries training in the MTC are the people who answer those calls. We also call people to confirm that they received their free gifts. I was on the phones for an hour and a half last night. Only one person actually picked up his phone. He was a really nice man in his late 50's. He said the didn't want anything else from the church. He said that he thought we were really great people and he really wanted Mitt Romney to run for VP. I was sad that I couldn't talk to him more about the qualities that he likes about Mitt. That would have been an awesome lead in to the gospel. It just goes to show that I should have listened to all of those Suan Hannady shows... hmmm.

I love you all! I hope to hear from you. I love getting mail from home. Write me!!!!

Love,
Sister Thacker

P.S. Enos 1 is an awesome chapter on prayer. I challenge all of you to read that before next week

Love you all!!!

0 comments: