Family and Friends!!!
This week was absolutely crazy! Sister Williams was sick until Thursday. Our numbers were about as high or higher than they usually are. Needless to say, the Lord blessed us and we worked really hard. I don't know how much Sis. Gieseke told you but on Tuesday night I witnessed a miracle.
As I mentioned earlier, Sister Williams was sick as a dog. We were going to meet with a part member family that elders have been working with since I got here the first time. They are actually related to Brandi and Bear that I told you about my first time in Mt. Juliet. The parents of this family are both members. Their 13-year-old daughter, Casey is not. She has been invited to be baptized a few times in these last 10 months. We have also tried before as well, but the parents don't think their daughter knows enough.
Well, we were planning to set a date with her on tuesday. Seeing that Sister Williams was sick, I started to get a little nervous. We called Taylor Bambas, a Laurel in the ward to come on an exchange with me. I knew that I was going to have to be the only missionary there and it really scared me. But we went, and thier home teacher was there as well. We watched Finding Faith in Christ and then we talked about Casey building her faith in Christ. To make a long story short, she and her parents accepted that she be baptised April 5!!!! I was so scared. And so excited. I know that this was supposed to happen. It was so cool. I called President Hutchings, and My ZL and DL. I called Sister Williams and we all just screamed and cried. It was a miracle!
Pray for Casey. She has been gone at some cheer camps and will be back on mid-week. Also, if you could pray for me that would be good. This coming week will have mixed emotions.
Well, I think that is all for now. I love yall. Keep smiling and being good. On March 28 I will have been out 10 months! This is so crazy!
Love,
Your Favorite Sister Missionary:
Sister Thacker
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sickness and Baptisms
Posted by Cassie Jo at 4:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment